Photo via: vogue.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- A Blank Slate – Shot for the July cover shoot of Vogue Russia, Lily Donaldson sports a wardrobe of ivory and structured pieces photographed by Richard Bush (Trouble Management). Stylist Sarah Richardson selects designs from the likes of Christopher Kane, Haider Ackermann, Jil Sander, Lanvin and others for Lily to wear in the studio shoot…. [Read More]
- excellent infographic guides on this site showing what size rug to buy for every room in the house
- Angled stone surfaces create zigzags across the facade of this hospital building in Copenhagen by Danish firm 3XN
- ☆ Valerie☆Feminist☆ Shakin it up since 86☆ I got a castle in Brooklyn (thats where I dwell).♥ ☆♥ ☆♥
- The Yotel in NYC where the interiors are very Karim Rashid-esque but with more of a club vibe. Kind of like a disco airplane. Hotel check-in and check-out are done like an airport self-service kiosk, assisted by the Yotel crew. Each room is even called a “cabin,” but you can expect a decent amount of leg room.
- Emily Gray and Marius Havercampm shared their home with the rest of us in this months issue of Living etc. Quite a spectacular combination of raw material, rich fabrics, and muted colors. The newly renovated home is located in Amsterdam.
- ✔ An expert guide to the best rooftop bars in London, including high-rise hotel watering holes complete with swimming pools, edgy East End outfits, and slick City establishments with skyline views.
- Mid-Century Modernism is in part based on the ideal that good design constitutes an essential part of good living. It’s no surprise then, that the clean-lined, optimistic designs of the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s still hold sway over interior decorators working today. To prove this point, we rounded up 15 eye-catching interiors that incorporate mid-century …
- Bless the food before us, the family beside us, and the love between us. A HUGE, gorgeous and neutral framed wood sign that would make a perfect statement piece for the kitchen or dining room! Handmade on high quality wood, white-washed/distressed and framed in a dark walnut finish for a perfectly rustic look. Lettering is hand painted with black chalk paint and each piece is unique due to the natural variation of grain and knots in the wood. Approximate size 20×30 (may vary up to 1) and comes ready to hang. Colors may be customized, upon request. **Please note, due to the unique nature of wood pieces in the making of this sign, color variation, knots, and grain may vary. It is not uncommon for there to be non-structural cracks, knots and imperfections in the finished sign. The sign is sanded to reveal a distressed finish, so sand and scuff marks will be present. This only adds to the character of each sign and no two are ever exactly alike! Make sure to follow me on Instagram (@coastalcraftymama) to see more styled photos like this
- Early mornings have a bad reputation. Everyone wants to sleep in. Nobody wants to wake up early. But then that’s modern living, I guess. Early mornings have been tainted by their associated with work and weekdays, when life is a tired rush. And of course, late nights and intoxication don’t agree with early mornings, either. …
- What if we told you that you could rent an entire island for less per night than the cost of a medium-rare steak in Manhattan? What if we told you that one of the most beautiful resorts in the world is located off the coast of Cambodia … and that you and your 65 closest friends could have it to yourselves for a week – with a promise of personal infinity pools at every villa? Were you also aware that you can see the northern lights and orcas in the same day from a lighthouse in Norway, with no one around for miles? Private island rental is not out of reach for most budgets, if you know where to look. There are entire companies that act as umbrella companies for a range of private island rentals. Yahoo Travel decided to round up these favorites among the world’s private island rental pool. Some of them are definitely for CEO budgets only, but others are more affordable. If these atoll getaways don’t make you want to travel … nothing will. | By Jenny Adams, Yahoo Travel
- Kitchen detail by Bob Manders