Photo via: marjorieharris.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- What if we told you that you could rent an entire island for less per night than the cost of a medium-rare steak in Manhattan? What if we told you that one of the most beautiful resorts in the world is located off the coast of Cambodia … and that you and your 65 closest friends could have it to yourselves for a week – with a promise of personal infinity pools at every villa? Were you also aware that you can see the northern lights and orcas in the same day from a lighthouse in Norway, with no one around for miles? Private island rental is not out of reach for most budgets, if you know where to look. There are entire companies that act as umbrella companies for a range of private island rentals. Yahoo Travel decided to round up these favorites among the world’s private island rental pool. Some of them are definitely for CEO budgets only, but others are more affordable. If these atoll getaways don’t make you want to travel … nothing will. | By Jenny Adams, Yahoo Travel
- designcityla: fabriciomora: GEHL METHODOLOGY Seems so simple, but there is such a difference in this approach than to what normally happens…. At least here, in the US. We start with the car, and with the 10% of effort left after that, we deal with the building. We have no room for life and space in our process…..
- Check out some of the Timber Houses projects featured on Lunchbox Architect
- A small scale holiday home that is casually laid back yet highly refined, the Coromandel Bach home, designed by Crosson Clarke Carnachan Architects is located in Coromandel, New Zealand. The residence was conceived as a container home sitting lightly on the land for habitation. An open plan living space forms the majority of the house, …
- At chain and non-chain restaurants, you can ask which, if any, of their foods contain GMs, but the waiters/waitresses and kitchen staff are not likely to know. Ask them to find out what oils they cook with. It is usually one of the big four: corn, soy, canola or cottonseed. You may request butter to be used instead, though these are often products of cow that ate GM corn feed, it is a secondary product. http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Genetically-Modified-Foods
- Ark hotel in China is one of amazing floating hotels in the world, Ark floating hotel in China designed by Remistudio office for architecture, its creative hotel building designed for many reasons.
- Its not just luxury…these hotels are museums in their own right! A stay at a heritage hotel is not only unique for the luxury and opulence, but you stay in an anywhere between 800 to 200 year old royal residences with centuries of family history & treasures, beautiful architecture and traditional Indian arts & crafts. heritage hotels india
- The first thing you observe at a home is the outdoor area, so that’s why it is very important to decorate it with style. As far as I am concerned, the outdoor area should be GREEN. Why green? I mean, full of plants, flowers arranged as arty as possible. I always declared my love for the nature, and how much I love staying outside, watching the sky, the stars. I would also love to have breakfast there. For those who doesn’t live at the countryside, or they don’t have a house it is a little bit frustrating to have such a little balcony in an apartment, but I tell you for sure that you can make it look great also. Pin It Pin It Pin It Pin It Pin It Pin It Pin It
- HI St Moritz Switzerland HI St Moritz is a holiday paradise all year round, with its gorgeously designed interiors and a stunning location. The hostel’s charming and warm setting is composed with complementary colours and modern furniture of a classic contemporary style.
- A house in the forest of Janda Baik in Pahang, Malaysia, designed by architect Choo Gim Wah. Although it looks modern, this house functions like a traditional Malay house, suitable for the moderate tropical climate. The architectural composition here revolves around the outdoors.
- The Yotel in NYC where the interiors are very Karim Rashid-esque but with more of a club vibe. Kind of like a disco airplane. Hotel check-in and check-out are done like an airport self-service kiosk, assisted by the Yotel crew. Each room is even called a “cabin,” but you can expect a decent amount of leg room.
- After trying the Italian corner at the Gathering I went to try the Butcher Grill so as to have a full experience of the perfect Gathering trio. The Butcher Grill is the first restaurant on the left as we walk pass by the Gathering gate. Its a trendy place with writings on the ceiling, an…